Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: full of activity or engaged in continuous activity; "an active seaport"; "an active bond market"; "an active account"
2. [Adjective]: disposed to take action or effectuate change; "a director who takes an active interest in corporate operations"; "an active antagonism"; "he was active in drawing attention to their grievances"
3. [Adjective]: (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt; "active volcanos"
4. [Adjective]: expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor: "Hemingway favors active constructions"
5. [Adjective]: of the sun; characterized by a high level activity in sunspots and flares and radio emissions
6. [Adjective]: engaged in full-time work; "active duty"; "though past retirement age he is still active in his profession"
7. [Adjective]: tending to become more severe or wider in scope; "active tuberculosis"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.