Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: possessing life; "the happiest person alive"; "the nerve is alive"; "doctors are working hard to keep him alive"; "burned alive"
2. in operation; "keep hope alive"; "the tradition was still alive"; "an active tradition"
3. (often followed by `with'') full of life and spirit; "she was wonderfully alive for her age"; "a face alive with mischief"
4. (followed by `to'' or `of'') aware of; "is alive to the moods of others"
5. capable of erupting; "a live volcano"; "the volcano is very much alive"
6. (usually followed by `to'') showing acute awareness; mentally perceptive; "alert to the problems"; "alive to what is going on"; "awake to the dangers of her situation"; "was now awake to the reality of his predicament"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.