Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Verb]: give or convey physically; "She gave him First Aid"; "I gave him a punch in the nose"
2. [Verb]: avail oneself to; "apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
3. [Verb]: be pertinent or relevant or applicable; "The same laws apply to you!"; "This theory holds for all irrational numbers"; "The same rules go for everyone"
4. [Verb]: refer (a word or name) to a person or thing; "He applied this racial slur to me!"
5. [Verb]: apply to a surface; "She applied paint to the back of the house"; "Put on make-up!"
6. [Verb]: ensure observance of laws and rules; "Apply the rules to everyone";
7. [Verb]: apply oneself to; "Please apply yourself to your homework"
8. [Verb]: be applicable to; as to an analysis; "This theory lends itself well to our new data"
9. [Verb]: ask (for something); "He applied for a leave of absence"; "She applied for college"; "apply for a job"
10. [Verb]: put into service; make work or employ (something) for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose; "use your head!"; "we only use Spanish at home"; "I can''t make use of this tool"; "Apply a magnetic field here"; "This thinking was applied
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.