Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: actively or fully engaged or occupied; "busy with her work"; "a busy man"; "too busy to eat lunch"; "the line is busy"
2. crowdedwith or characterized by much activity; "a very busy week"; "a busy life"; "a busy street"; "a busy seaport"
3. intrusive in a meddling or offensive manner; "an interfering old woman"; "bustling about self-importantly making an officious nuisance of himself"; "busy about other people''s business"
4. (of facilities such as telephones or lavatories) unavailable for use by anyone else or indicating unavailability; (`engaged'' is a British term for a busy telephone line); "her line is busy"; "receptionists'' telephones are always engaged"; "the lavatory
5. overcrowded or cluttered with detail; "a busy painting"; "a fussy design"
6. [Verb]: keep busy with; "She busies herself with her butterfly collection"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.