Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. hasty and without attention to detail; not thorough; "a casual (or cursory) inspection failed to reveal the house''s structural flaws"; "a passing glance"; "perfunctory courtesy"
2. not showing effort or strain; "a difficult feat performed with casual mastery"; "careless grace"
3. natural and unstudied; "using their Christian names in a casual way"; "lectured in a free-and-easy style"
4. occurring or appearing or singled out by chance; "their accidental meeting led to a renewal of their friendship"; "seek help from casual passers-by"; "a casual meeting"; "a chance occurrence"
5. employed in a specified capacity from time to time; "casual employment"; "a casual correspondence with a former teacher"; "an occasional worker"
6. marked by blithe unconcern; "an ability to interest casual students"; "showed a casual disregard for cold weather"; "an utterly insouciant financial policy"; "an elegantly insouciant manner"; "drove his car with nonchalant abandon"; "was polite in a teasi
7. suited for everyday use; "casual clothes"; "everyday clothes"
8. characterized by a feeling of irresponsibility; "a broken back is nothing to be casual about; it is no fooling matter"
9. without or seeming to be without plan or method; offhand; "a casual remark"; "information collected by casual methods and in their spare time"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.