Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: psychologically cool and unenthusiastic; unfriendly or unresponsive or showing dislike; "relations were cool and polite"; "a cool reception"; "cool to the idea of higher taxes"
2. [Adjective]: neither warm or very cold; giving relief from heat; "a cool autumn day"; "a cool room"; "cool summer dresses"; "cool drinks"; "a cool breeze"
3. [Adjective]: (color) inducing the impression of coolness; used especially of greens and blues and violets; "cool greens and blues and violets"
4. [Noun]: great coolness and composure under strain; "keep your cool"
5. [Noun]: the quality of being cool; "the cool of early morning"
6. marked by calm self-control (especially in trying circumstances); unemotional; "play it cool"; "keep cool"; "stayed coolheaded in the crisis"; "the most nerveless winner in the history of the tournament"
7. used of a number or sum and meaning without exaggeration or qualification; "a cool million bucks"
8. fashionable and attractive at the time; often skilled or socially adept; "he''s a cool dude"; "that''s cool"; "Mary''s dress is really cool"; "it''s not cool to arrive at a party too early"
9. [Verb]: loose heat; "The air cooled considerably after the thunderstorm"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.