Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: conforming to conventions of sexual behavior; "speech in this circle, if not always decent, never became lewd"- George Santayana
2. [Adverb]: in the right manner; "please do your job properly!"; "can''t you carry me decent?"
3. observing conventional sexual mores in speech or behavior or dress; "a modest neckline in her dress"; "though one of her shoulder straps had slipped down, she was perfectly decent by current standards"
4. according with custom or propriety; "her becoming modesty"; "comely behavior"; "it is not comme il faut for a gentleman to be constantly asking for money"; "a decent burial"; "seemly behavior"
5. enough to meet a purpose; "an adequate income"; "the food was adequate"; "a decent wage"; "enough food"; "food enough"
6. decently clothed; "are you decent?"
7. socially or conventionally correct; refined or virtuous; "from a decent family"; "a nice girl"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.