Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: easy to perceive; especially clearly outlined; "a distinct flavor"; "a distinct odor of turpentine"; "a distinct outline"; "the ship appeared as a distinct silhouette"; "distinct fingerprints"
2. clearly or sharply defined to the mind; "clear-cut evidence of tampering"; "Claudius was the first to invade Britain with distinct...intentions of conquest"; "trenchant distinctions between right and wrong"
3. recognizable; marked; "noticed a distinct improvement"; "at a distinct (or decided) disadvantage"
4. (often followed by `from'') not alike; different in nature or quality; "plants of several distinct types"; "the word `nationalism'' is used in at least two distinct senses"; "gold is distinct from iron"; "a tree related to but quite distinct from the Euro
5. constituting a separate entity or part; "a government with three discrete divisions"; "on two distinct occasions"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.