Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Noun]: terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
2. [Noun]: a clergyman or other person in religious orders
3. emanating from God; "divine judgment"; "divine guidance"; "everything is black1 or white...satanic or godlyt"-Saturday Rev.
4. resulting from divine providence; "providential care"; "a providential visitation"
5. devoted to or in the service or worship of a deity; "divine worship"; "divine liturgy"
6. of such surpassing excellence as to suggest divine inspiration; "her pies were simply divine"; "the divine Shakespeare"; "an elysian meal"; "an inspired performance"
7. being or having the nature of a god; "the custom of killing the divine king upon any serious failure of his...powers"-J.G.Frazier; "the divine will"; "the divine capacity for love"; "''Tis wise to learn; ''tis God-like to create"-J.G.Saxe
8. appropriate to or befitting a god; "the divine strength of Achilles"; "a man of godlike sagacity"; "man must play God for he has acquired certain godlike powers"-R.H.Roveref
9. [Verb]: search by divining, as if with a rod; "He claimed he could divine underground water"
10. [Verb]: perceive intuitively or through some inexplicable perceptive powers
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.