Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: emitting or reflecting very little light; "a dull glow"; "dull silver badly in need of a polish"; "a dull sky"
2. [Adjective]: not having a sharp edge or point; "the knife was too dull to be of any use"
3. [Adjective]: lacking in liveliness or animation; "he was so dull at parties"; "a dull political campaign"; "a large dull impassive man"; "dull days with nothing to do"; "how dull and dreary the world is"; "fell back into one of her dull moods"
5. so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness; "a boring evening with uninteresting people"; "the deadening effect of some routine tasks"; "a dull play"; "his competent but dull performance"; "a ho-hum speaker who couldn''t capture their attention";
6. not clear and resonant; sounding as if striking with or against something relatively soft; "the dull thud"; "thudding bullets"
7. slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials mak
8. being or made softer or less loud or clear; "the dull boom of distant breaking waves"; "muffled drums"; "the muffled noises of the street"; "muted trumpets"
9. blunted in responsiveness or sensibility; "a dull gaze"; "so exhausted she was dull to what went on about her"- Willa Cather
10. (of business) not active or brisk; "business is dull (or slow)"; "a sluggish market"
11. (of color) very low in saturation; highly diluted; "dull greens and blues"
12. darkened with overcast; "a dark day"; "a dull sky"; "a gray rainy afternoon"; "gray clouds"; "the sky was leaden and thick"
13. [Verb]: make less lively or vigorous; "Middle age dulled her appetite for travel"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.