Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: producing or capable of producing an intended result or having a striking effect; "an air-cooled motor was more effective than a witch''s broomstick for rapid long-distance transportation"-LewisMumford; "effective teaching methods"; "effective steps towar
2. works well as a means or remedy; "an effective reprimand"; "a lotion that is effective in cases of prickly heat"
3. able to accomplish a purpose; functioning effectively; "people who will do nothing unless they get something out of it for themselves are often highly effective persons..."-G.B.Shaw; "effective personnel"; "an efficient secretary"; "the efficient cause of
4. equipped and ready for service; "the fort was held by about 100 effective soldiers"
5. existing in fact; not theoretical; real; "a decline in the effective demand"; "confused increased equipment and expenditure with the quantity of effective work done"
6. exerting force or influence; "the law is effective immediately"; "a warranty good for two years"; "the law is already in effect (or in force)"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.