Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: of or relating to a disease (or anything resembling a disease) constantly present to greater or lesser extent in a particular locality; "diseases endemic to the tropics"; "endemic malaria"; "food shortages and starvation are endemic in certain parts of th
2. [Adjective]: native to or confined to a certain region; "the islands have a number of interesting endemic species"
3. [Noun]: a plant that is native to a certain limited area; "it is an endemic found only this island"
4. [Noun]: a disease that is constantly present to a greater or lesser degree in people of a certain class or in people living in a particular location
5. originating where it is found; "the autochthonal fauna of Australia includes the kangaroo"; "autochthonous rocks and people and folktales"; "endemic folkways"; "the Ainu are indigenous to the northernmost islands of Japan"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.