Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Verb]: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
2. [Verb]: undergo or be subjected to; "He suffered the penalty"; "Many saints suffered martyrdom"
3. [Verb]: continue to live; endure or last; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The racecar driver lived through several very serious accidents"
4. [Verb]: continue to exist; "These stories die hard"; "The legend of Elvis endures"
5. [Verb]: persist or be long; in time; "The bad weather lasted for three days"
6. [Verb]: last and be usable; "This dress wore well for almost ten years"
7. [Verb]: face or endure with courage; "She braved the elements"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.