Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. having ones attention or mind or energy engaged; "she keeps herself fully occupied with volunteer activities"; "deeply engaged in conversation"
2. having services contracted for; "the carpenter engaged (or employed) for the job is sick"
3. involved in military hostilities; "the desperately engaged ships continued the fight"
4. reserved in advance
5. pledged to be married; "the engaged couple"
6. built against or attached to a wall; "engaged columns"
7. (used of toothed parts or gears) interlocked and interacting; "the gears are engaged"; "meshed gears"; "intermeshed twin rotors"
8. (of facilities such as telephones or lavatories) unavailable for use by anyone else or indicating unavailability; (`engaged'' is a British term for a busy telephone line); "her line is busy"; "receptionists'' telephones are always engaged"; "the lavatory
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.