Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: well matched; having the same quantity, value, or measure as another; "on equal terms"; "all men are equal before the law"
2. [Adjective]: equal in amount or value; "like amounts"; "equivalent amounts"; "the same amount"; "gave one six blows and the other a like number"; "an equal number"; "the same number"
3. [Noun]: a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
4. [Verb]: be identical or equivalent to; "One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!"
5. [Verb]: make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching; "let''s equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors"
6. [Verb]: be equal to in quality or ability; "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"; "Your performance doesn''t even touch that of your colleagues"; "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.