Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: well known or easily recognized; "a familiar figure"; "familiar songs"; "familiar guests"
2. [Adjective]: within normal everyday experience; common and ordinary; not strange; "familiar ordinary objects found in every home"; "a familiar everyday scene"; "a familiar excuse"; "a day like any other filled with familiar duties and experiences"
3. [Noun]: a person who is frequently in the company of another; "drinking companions"; "comrades in arms"
4. [Noun]: a spirit (usually in animal form) that acts as an assistant to a witch or wizard
5. [Noun]: a person attached to the household of a high official (as a pope or bishop) who renders service in return for support
6. having mutual interests or affections; of established friendship; "on familiar terms"; "pretending she is on an intimate footing with those she slanders"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.