5. [Adverb]: firmly or tightly; "held fast to the rope"; "her foot was stuck fast"; "held tight"
6. [Adverb]: quickly or rapidly (often used as a combining form); "how fast can he get here?"; "ran as fast as he could"; "needs medical help fast"; "fast-running rivers"; "fast-breaking news"; "fast-opening (or fast-closing) shutters"
7. hurried and brief; "paid a flying visit"; "took a flying glance at the book"; "a quick inspection"; "a fast visit"
8. resistant to destruction or fading; "fast colors"
9. (of surfaces) conducive to rapid speeds; "a fast road"; "grass courts are faster than clay"
10. securely fixed in place; "the post was still firm after being hit by the car"
11. unrestrained by convention or morality; "Congreve draws a debauched aristocratic society"; "deplorably dissipated and degraded"; "riotous living"; "fast women"
12. firmly fastened or secured against opening; "windows and doors were all fast"; "a locked closet"; "left the house properly secured"
13. [Verb]: abstain from eating; "Before the medical exam, you must fast"
14. [Verb]: abstain from certain foods, as for religious or medical reasons; "Catholics sometimes fast during Lent"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.