1. [Adjective]: lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone; "B flat"
2. [Adjective]: lacking contrast or shading between tones
3. [Noun]: a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
4. [Noun]: a level tract of land
5. [Noun]: a musical notation indicating one half step lower than the note named
6. [Noun]: freight car without permanent sides or roof
7. [Noun]: a shallow box in which seedlings are started
8. [Noun]: a deflated pneumatic tire
9. [Noun]: scenery consisting of a wooden frame covered with painted canvas; part of a stage setting
10. [Adverb]: wholly or completely; "He is flat broke"
11. [Adverb]: in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly; "he didn''t answer directly"; "told me straight out"; "came out flat for less work and more pay"
12. [Adverb]: at full length; "he fell flat on his face"
13. [Adverb]: against a flat surface; "he lay flat on his back"
14. [Adverb]: below the proper pitch; "she sang flat last night"
15. [Adverb]: with flat sails; "sail flat against the wind"
16. without pleats
17. lacking variety in shading; "a flat unshaded painting"
18. not reflecting light; not glossy; "flat wall paint"; "a photograph with a matte finish"
19. (of a tire) completely or partially deflated
20. having no depth or thickness
21. lacking the expected range or depth; not designed to give an illusion or depth; "a film with two-dimensional characters"; "a flat two-dimensional painting"
22. flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
23. lacking taste or flavor or tang; "a bland diet"; "insipid hospital food"; "flavorless supermarket tomatoes"; "vapid beer"; "vapid tea"
24. lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting; "a bland little drama"; "a flat joke"
25. having lost effervescence; "flat beer"; "a flat cola"
26. not modified or restricted by reservations; "a categorical denial"; "a flat refusal"
27. not increasing as the amount taxed increases
28. having a horizontal surface in which no part is higher or lower than another; "a flat desk"; "acres of level farmland"; "a plane surface"
29. not made with leavening; "most flat breads are made from unleavened dough"
30. stretched out and lying at full length along the ground; "found himself lying flat on the floor"
31. parallel to the ground; "a flat roof"
Look up words in the English4.Today Online Dictionary and add them to your own personal dictionary for vocabulary practice.
All you need to start your own personal dictionary web is a free English4.Today membership.