6. [Adverb]: toward the future; forward in time; "I like to look ahead in imagination to what the future may bring"; "I look forward to seeing you"
7. [Adverb]: near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane; "the captain went fore (or forward) to check the instruments"
8. [Adverb]: at or to or toward the front; "he faced forward"; "step forward"; "she practiced sewing backward as well as frontward on her new sewing machine"; (`forrad'' and `forrard'' are dialectal variations)
9. [Adverb]: forward in time or order or degree; "from that time forth"; "from the sixth century onward"
10. [Adverb]: in a forward direction; "go ahead"; "the train moved ahead slowly"; "the boat lurched ahead"; "moved onward into the forest"; "they went slowly forward in the mud"
11. moving toward a position ahead; "forward motion"; "the onward course of events"
12. moving forward
13. situated in the front; "the forward section of the aircraft"
14. situated at or toward the front; "the fore cabins"; "the forward part of the ship"
15. [Verb]: send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit; "forward my mail"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.