2. [Noun]: an act that violates of the rules of a sport
3. highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust; "a disgusting smell"; "distasteful language"; "a loathsome disease"; "the idea of eating meat is repellent to me"; "revolting food"; "a wicked stench"
4. disgustingly dirty; filled or smeared with offensive matter; "as filthy as a pigsty"; "a foul pond"; "a nasty pigsty of a room"
5. thoroughly unpleasant; "filthy (or foul or nasty or vile) weather we''re having"
6. violating accepted standards or rules; "a dirty fighter"; "used foul means to gain power"; "a nasty unsporting serve"; "fined for unsportsmanlike behavior"
7. (of a manuscript) defaced with changes; "foul (or dirty) copy"
8. especially of a ship''s lines etc; "with its sails afoul"; "a foul anchor"
9. characterized by obscenity; "had a filthy mouth"; "foul language"; "smutty jokes"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.