Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: relating to or based on function especially as opposed to structure; "the problem now is not a constitutional one; it is a functional one"; "delegates elected on a functional rather than a geographical basis"
2. [Adjective]: designed for or capable of a particular function or use; "a style of writing in which every word is functional"; "functional architecture"
3. [Adjective]: involving or affecting function rather than physiology; "functional deafness"
4. fit or ready for use or service; "the toaster was still functional even after being dropped"; "the lawnmower is a bit rusty but still usable"; "an operational aircraft"; "the dishwasher is now in working order"
5. (of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing; "in running (or working) order"; "a functional set of brakes"
6. designed for or adapted to a function or use; "functional education selects knowledge that is concrete and usable rather than abstract and theoretical"; "functional architecture"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.