Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Noun]: an interruption or temporary suspension of progress or movement; "a halt in the arms race"; "a nuclear freeze"
2. [Noun]: the state of inactivity following an interruption; "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
3. [Noun]: the event of something ending; "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill"
4. disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
5. [Verb]: come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window"
6. [Verb]: cause to stop; "Halt the engines"; "Arrest the progress"; "halt the presses"
7. [Verb]: stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process"
8. [Verb]: stop the flow of a liquid; "staunch the blood flow"; "them the tide"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.