Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: metaphorically hard; "a hard fate"; "took a hard look"; "a hard bargainer"; "a hard climb"
2. [Adjective]: not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure; "a difficult task"; "nesting places on the cliffs are difficult of access"; "difficult times"; "a difficult child"; "found himself in a difficult situation"; "why i
3. [Adjective]: not yielding to pressure or easily penetrated; "hard as rock"
15. characterized by toilsome effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort; "worked their arduous way up the mining valley"; "a grueling campaign"; "hard labor"; "heavy work"; "heavy going"; "spent many laborious hours on the project"; "set a
16. unfortunate or hard to bear; "had hard luck"; "a tough break"
17. having a high alcoholic content; "hard liquor"
18. having undergone fermentation; "hard cider"
19. dried out; "hard dry rolls left over from the day before"
20. very strong or vigorous; "strong winds"; "a hard left to the chin"; "a knockout punch"; "a severe blow"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.