Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount; "a high temperature"; "a high price"; "the high point of his career"; "high risks"; "has high hopes"; "the river is high"; "he has a high opinion of himself"
2. [Adjective]: (literal meanings) being at or having a relatively great or specific elevation or upward extension (sometimes used in combinations like `knee-high''); "a high mountain"; "high ceilings"; "high buildings"; "a high forehead"; "a high incline"; "a foot high"
3. [Adjective]: used of sounds and voices; high in pitch or frequency
4. [Noun]: a forward gear with a gear ratio giving high vehicle velocity for a given engine speed
5. [Noun]: a public secondary school usually including grades 9 through 12; "he goes to the neighborhood highschool"
6. [Noun]: a state of altered consciousness induced by alcohol or narcotics; "they took drugs to get a high on"
7. [Noun]: an air mass of higher than normal pressure; "the east coast benefits from a Bermuda high"
8. [Noun]: a lofty level or position or degree; "summer temperatures reached an all-time high"
9. [Noun]: a high place; "they stood on high and observed the coutryside"; "he doesn''t like heights"
10. [Noun]: a state of sustained elation; "I''m on a permanent high these days"
11. [Adverb]: far up toward the source; "he lives high up the river"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.