Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: not consisting of matter; "immaterial apparitions"; "ghosts and other immaterial entities"
2. [Adjective]: without material form or substance; "an incorporeal spirit"
3. [Adjective]: of no importance or relevance especially to a law case; "an objection that is immaterial after the fact"
4. (often followed by `to'') lacking importance; not mattering one way or the other; "whether you choose to do it or not is a matter that is quite immaterial (or indifferent)"; "what others think is altogether indifferent to him"
5. not pertinent to the matter under consideration; "an issue extraneous to the debate"; "the price was immaterial"; "mentioned several impertinent facts before finally coming to the point"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.