Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: of extreme importance; vital to the resolution of a crisis; "a crucial moment in his career"; "a crucial election"; "a crucial issue for women"
2. [Adjective]: of great significance or value; "important people"; "the important questions of the day"
3. [Adjective]: important in effect or meaning; "a significant change in tax laws"; "a significant change in the Constitution"; "a significant contribution"; "significant details"; "statistically significant"
4. having or suggesting a consciousness of high position; "recited the decree with an important air"; "took long important strides in the direction of his office"
5. having authority or ascendancy or influence; "an important official"; "the captain''s authoritative manner"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!