Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. neither good nor bad; "an indifferent performance"; "a gifted painter but an indifferent actor"; "her work at the office is passable"; "a so-so golfer"; "feeling only so-so"; "prepared a tolerable dinner"; "a tolerable working knowledge of French"
2. marked by no especial liking or dislike or preference for one thing over another; "indifferent about which book you would give them"; "was indifferent to their acceptance or rejection of her invitation"
3. fairly poor to not very good; "has an indifferent singing voice"; "has indifferent qualifications for the job"
4. (often followed by `to'') lacking importance; not mattering one way or the other; "whether you choose to do it or not is a matter that is quite immaterial (or indifferent)"; "what others think is altogether indifferent to him"
5. neither too great nor too little; "a couple of indifferent hills to climb"
6. characterized by a lack of partiality; "a properly indifferent jury"; "an unbiased account of her family problems"
7. having only a limited ability to react chemically; not active; "inert matter"; "an indifferent chemical in a reaction"
8. showing no care or concern in attitude or action; "indifferent to the sufferings of others"; "indifferent to her plea"
9. marked by a lack of interest; "an apathetic audience"; "the universe is neither hostile nor friendly; it is simply indifferent"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.