Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Noun]: a funeral lament sung with loud wailing
2. having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent pene
3. having a sharp cutting edge or point; "a keen blade"
4. very good; "he did a bully job"; "a neat sports car"; "had a great time at the party"; "you look simply smashing"
5. intense or sharp; "suffered exquisite pain"; "felt exquisite pleasure"
6. as physically painful as if caused by a sharp instrument; "a cutting wind"; "keen winds"; "knifelike cold"; "piercing knifelike pains"; "piercing cold"; "piercing criticism"; "a stabbing pain"; "lancinating pain"
7. very penetrating and clear and sharp in operation; "an incisive mind"; "a keen intelligence"; "of sharp and active intellect"
8. [Verb]: express grief verbally; "we lamented the death of the child"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.