Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: having or showing a tender and considerate and helpful nature; used especially of persons and their behavior; "kind to sick patients"; "a kind master"; "kind words showing understanding and sympathy"; "thanked her for her kind letter"
2. [Noun]: a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality; "sculpture is a form of art"; "what kinds of desserts are there?"
3. generously responsive; "good-hearted but inept efforts to help"; "take a kindly interest"; "a kindly gentleman"; "an openhearted gift to charity"
4. showing consideration and anticipation of needs; "it was thoughtful of you to bring flowers"; "a neighbor showed thoughtful attention"
5. liberal; "kind words of praise"
6. agreeable; "a dry climate kind to asthmatics"
7. conducive to comfort; beneficial; "the genial sunshine"; "a kind climate"; "hot summer pavements are anything but kind to the feet"
8. tolerant and forgiving under provocation; "our neighbor was very kind about the window our son broke"
9. helpful to other people; "helping an old lady with her bundles was his kind deed for the day"
10. characterized by mercy, and compassion; "compassionate toward disadvantaged people"; "kind to animals"; "a humane judge"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.