2. [Adjective]: above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a large city"; "set out for the big city"; "a large sum"; "a big (or large) barn"; "a large family"; "big businesses"; "a big expenditure"; "a large number of newspapers"; "a big group o
4. [Adverb]: at a distance, wide of something (as of a mark)
5. [Adverb]: with the wind abaft the beam; "a ship sailing large"
6. [Adverb]: in a boastful manner; "he talked big all evening"
7. having broad power and range and scope; "taking the large view"; "a large effect"; "a large sympathy"
8. generous and understanding and tolerant; "a heart big enough to hold no grudges"; "that''s very big of you to be so forgiving"; "a large and generous spirit"; "a large heart"; "magnanimous toward his enemies"
9. fairly large or important in effect; influential; "played a large role in the negotiations"
10. conspicuous in position or importance; "a big figure in the movement"; "big man on campus"; "he''s very large in financial circles"; "a prominent citizen"
11. ostentatiously lofty in style; "a man given to large talk"; "tumid political prose"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.