Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: coming after all others in time or space or degree or being the only one remaining; "the last time I saw Paris"; "the last day of the month"; "had the last word"; "waited until the last minute"; "he raised his voice in a last supreme call"; "the last game
3. [Noun]: the time at which life ends; continuing until dead; "she stayed until his death"; "a struggle to the last"
4. [Noun]: holding device shaped like a human foot that is used to fashion or repair shoes
5. [Noun]: a unit of capacity for grain equal to 80 bushels
6. [Noun]: the last or lowest in an ordering or series; "he was the last to leave"; "he finished an inglorious last"
7. [Noun]: the temporal end; the concluding time; "the stopping point of each round was signaled by a bell"; "the market was up at the finish"; "they were playing better at the close of the season"
8. [Noun]: a person''s dying act; the last thing a person can do; "he breathed his last"
9. [Noun]: the concluding parts of an event or occurrence; "the end was exciting"; "I had to miss the last of the movie"
10. [Adverb]: the item at the end; "last, I''ll discuss family values"
11. [Adverb]: more recently than any other time; "I saw him last in London"
12. occurring at the time of death; "his last words"; "the last rites"
13. not to be altered or undone; "the judge''s decision is final"; "the arbiter will have the last say"
14. occurring at or forming an end or termination; "his concluding words came as a surprise"; "the final chapter"; "the last days of the dinosaurs"; "terminal leave"
15. highest in extent or degree; "to the last measure of human endurance"; "whether they were accomplices in the last degree or a lesser one was...to be determined individually"
16. conclusive in a process or progression; "the final answer"; "a last resort"; "the net result"
17. lowest in rank or importance; "last prize"; "in last place"
18. in accord with the most fashionable ideas or style; "wears only the latest style"; "the last thing in swimwear"; "knows the newest dances"; "cutting-edge technology"; "a with-it boutique"
19. most unlikely or unsuitable; "the last person we would have suspected"; "the last man they would have chosen for the job"
20. [Verb]: continue to live; endure or last; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The racecar driver lived through several very serious accidents"
21. [Verb]: persist or be long; in time; "The bad weather lasted for three days"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.