Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: lacking excess flesh; "you can''t be too rich or too thin"; "Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look"-Shakespeare
2. [Adjective]: lacking in mineral content or combustible material; "lean ore"; "lean fuel"
3. [Noun]: the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical; "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
4. not profitable or prosperous; "a lean year"
5. low in mineral content; "a lean ore"
6. containing little excess; "a lean budget"; "a skimpy allowance"
7. [Verb]: rely on for support; "We can lean on this man"
8. [Verb]: to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
9. [Verb]: have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined; "She tends to be nervous before her lectures"; "These dresses run small"; "He inclined to corpulence"
10. [Verb]: cause to lean or incline; "He leaned his rifle against the wall"
11. [Verb]: cause to lean to the side; "Erosion listed the old tree"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.