Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a little dining room"; "a little house"; "a small car"; "a little (or small) group"; "a small voice"
2. [Noun]: a small amount or duration; "he accepted the little they gave him"
3. [Adverb]: not much; "he talked little about his family"
4. (informal terms) small and of little importance; "a fiddling sum of money"; "a footling gesture"; "our worries are lilliputian compared with those of countries that are at war"; "a little (or small) matter"; "Mickey Mouse regulations"; "a dispute over nig
5. of short duration or distance; "a brief stay in the country"; "in a little while"; "it''s a little way away"
6. lowercase; "little a"; "small a"; "e.e.cummings''s poetry is written all in minuscule letters"
7. small in a way that arouses feelings (of tenderness or its opposite depending on the context); "a nice little job"; "bless your little heart"; "my dear little mother"; "a sweet little deal"; "I''m tired of your petty little schemes"; "filthy little tricks
8. (of a voice) faint; "a little voice"; "a still small voice"
9. not fully grown; "what a big little boy you are"; "small children"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.