Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: showing characteristics of life; exerting force or containing energy; "live coals"; "tossed a live cigarette out the window"; "got a shock from a live wire"; "live ore is unmined ore"; "a live bomb"; "a live ball is one in play"
2. [Adjective]: actually being performed at the time of hearing or viewing; "a live television program"; "brought to you live from Lincoln Center"; "live entertainment involves performers actually in the physical presence of a live audience"
3. [Adverb]: not recorded; "the opera was broadcast live"
4. having life; "a live canary"; "hit a live nerve"; "famous living painters"; "living tissue";
5. charged or energized with electricity; "a hot wire"; "a live wire"
6. in current use or ready for use; "live copy is ready to be set in type or already set but not yet proofread"
7. rebounds readily; "clean bouncy hair"; "a lively tennis ball"; "as resiliant as seasoned hickory"; "springy turf"
8. charged with an explosive; "live ammunition"; "a live bomb"
9. of current relevance; "a live issue"; "still a live option"
10. abounding with life and energy; "the club members are a really live bunch"
11. [Verb]: continue to live; endure or last; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The racecar driver lived through several very serious accidents"
12. [Verb]: have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations; "I know the feeling!"; "have you ever known hunger?"; "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived through two d
13. [Verb]: lead a certain kind of life; live in a certain style; "we had to live frugally after the war"
14. [Verb]: support oneself; "he could barely exist on such a low wage"; "Can you live on $2000 a month in New York City?"; "Many people in the world have to subsist on $1 a day"
15. [Verb]: make one''s home or live in; "She resides officially in Iceland"; "I live in a 200-year old house"; "These people inhabited all the islands that are now deserted"; "The plains are sparsely populated"
16. [Verb]: have life, be alive; "Our great leader is no more"; "My grandfather lived until the end of war"
17. [Verb]: pursue a positive and satisfying existence; "You must accept yourself and others if you really want to live"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.