Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: pertaining to living persons; "within living memory"
2. [Adjective]: dwelling or inhabiting; often used in combination; "living quarters"; "tree-living animals"
3. [Noun]: people who are still living; "save your pity for the living"
4. [Noun]: the condition of living or the state of being alive; "while there''s life there''s hope"; "life depends on many chemical and physical processes"
5. [Noun]: the experience of living; the course of human events and activities; "he could no longer cope with the complexities of life"
6. [Noun]: the financial means whereby one lives; "each child was expected to pay for their keep"; "he applied to the state for support"; "he could no longer earn his own livelihood"
7. (informal) absolute; "she is a living doll"; "scared the living daylights out of them"; "beat the living hell out of him"
8. still in existence; "the Wollemi pine found in Australia is a surviving specimen of a conifer thought to have been long extinct and therefore known as a living fossil"; "the only surviving frontier blockhouse in Pennsylvania"
9. still in active use; "a living language"
10. true to life; lifelike; "the living image of her mother"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.