Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Noun]: an average of n numbers computed by adding some function of the numbers and dividing by some function of n
2. excellent; "famous for a mean backhand"
3. used of sums of money; so small in amount as to deserve contempt
4. characterized by malice; "a hateful thing to do"; "in a mean mood"
5. marked by poverty befitting a beggar; "a beggarly existence in the slums"; "a mean hut"
6. used of persons or behavior; characterized by or indicative of lack of generosity; "a mean person"; "he left a miserly tip"
7. having or showing an ignoble lack of honor or morality; "that liberal obedience without which your army would be a base rabble"- Edmund Burke; "taking a mean advantage"; "chok''d with ambition of the meaner sort"- Shakespeare; "something essentially vulga
8. [Verb]: destine or designate for a certain purpose; "These flowers were meant for you"
9. [Verb]: denote or connote; "`maison'' means `house'' in French"; "An example sentence would show what this word means"
10. [Verb]: have as a logical consequence; "The water shortage means that we have to stop taking long showers"
11. [Verb]: have in mind as a purpose; "I mean no harm"; "I only meant to help you"; "She didn''t think to harm me"; "We thought to return early that night"
12. [Verb]: intend to refer to; "I''m thinking of good food when I talk about France"; "Yes, I meant you when I complained about people who gossip!"
13. [Verb]: mean or intend to express or convey; "You never understand what I mean!"; "what do his words intend?"
14. [Verb]: have a specified degree of importance; "My ex-husband means nothing to me"; "Happiness means everything"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.