Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: being within reasonable or average limits; not excessive or extreme; "moderate prices"; "a moderate income"; "a moderate fine"; "moderate demands"; "a moderate estimate"; "a moderate eater"; "moderate success"; "a kitchen of moderate size"; "the X-ray sho
2. [Noun]: a person who takes a position in the political center
3. not extreme; "a moderate penalty"; "temperate in his response to criticism"
4. marked by avoidance of extravagance or extremes; "moderate in his demands"; "restrained in his response"
5. [Verb]: make less fast or intense; "moderate your speed"
6. [Verb]: preside over; "John moderated the discussion"
7. [Verb]: make less severe or harsh; "He moderated his tone when the students burst out in tears"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.