Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: having little money or few possessions; "deplored the gap between rich and poor countries"; "the proverbial poor artist living in a garret"
2. [Adjective]: characterized by or indicating lack of money; "the country had a poor economy"
3. [Adjective]: badly supplied with desirable qualities or substances; "a poor land"; "the area was poor in timber and coal"; "food poor in nutritive value"
4. moderate to inferior in quality; "they improved the quality from mediocre to above average"; "he would make a poor spy"
5. yielding little by great labor; "a hardscrabble farm"; "poor soil"
6. low in degree; "expectations were poor"
7. not sufficient to meet a need; "an inadequate income"; "a poor salary"; "money is short"; "on short rations"; "food is in short supply"; "short on experience"
8. deserving or inciting pity; "a hapless victim"; "miserable victims of war"; "the shabby room struck her as extraordinarily pathetic"- Galsworthy; "piteous appeals for help"; "pitiable homeless children"; "a pitiful fate"; "Oh, you poor thing"; "his poor d
9. unsatisfactory; "a poor light for reading"; "poor morale"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.