Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: having great power or force or potency or effect; "the most powerful government in western Europe"; "his powerful arms"; "a powerful bomb"; "the horse''s powerful kick"; "powerful drugs"; "a powerful argument"
2. [Adverb]: (Southern regional intensive) very; "the baby is mighty cute"; "he''s mighty tired"; "it is powerful humid"; "that boy is powerful big now"; "they have a right nice place"
3. (of a person) possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful; "a hefty athlete"; "a muscular boxer"; "powerful arms"
4. displaying superhuman strength or power; "herculean exertions"
5. having the power to influence or convince; "a cogent analysis of the problem"; "potent arguments"
6. strong enough to knock down or overwhelm; "a knock-down blow"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.