Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: of first rank or importance or value; direct and immediate rather than secondhand; "primary goals"; "a primary effect"; "primary sources"; "a primary interest"
2. [Noun]: a preliminary election where delegates or nominees are chosen
3. [Noun]: coil forming the part of an electrical circuit such that changing current in it induces a current in a neighboring circuit; "current through the primary coil induces current in the secondary coil"
4. [Noun]: one of the main flight feathers projecting along the outer edge of a bird''s wing
5. of primary importance; "basic truths"
6. of or being the essential or basic part; "an elementary need for love and nurturing"
7. not derived from or reducible to something else; basic; "a primary instinct"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.