Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: free of noise or uproar; or making little if any sound; "a quiet audience at the concert"; "the room was dark and quiet"
2. [Adjective]: of the sun; characterized by a low level of surface phenomena like sun spots e.g.
3. [Adjective]: characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity; "a quiet life"; "a quiet throng of onlookers"; "quiet peace-loving people"; "the factions remained quiet for almost 10 years"
4. [Noun]: the absence of sound; "he needed silence in order to sleep"; "the street was quiet"
5. [Noun]: a period of calm weather; "there was a lull in the storm"
6. [Noun]: a disposition free from stress or emotion
7. [Noun]: an untroubled state; free from disturbances
8. [Adverb]: with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet'' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly''); "her hands rested quietly in her lap"; "the rock star was quietly led out the back door"; "sit here as quiet as you can"
9. free from disturbance; "a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"; "the quiet waters of a lagoon"; "a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"; "a smooth channel crossing"; "scarcely a ripple on the still water"; "unruf
10. in a softened tone; "hushed voices"; "muted trumpets"; "a subdued whisper"; "a quiet reprimand"
11. without untoward incident or disruption; "a placid existence"; "quiet times"
12. not showy or obtrusive; "clothes in quiet good taste"
13. [Verb]: become quiet or quieter; "The audience fell silent when the speaker entered"
14. [Verb]: make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.