Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Noun]: a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows eastward from Texas along the southern boundary of Oklahoma and through Louisiana
2. [Noun]: the amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue; "the company operated at a loss last year"; "the company operated in the red last year"
3. [Noun]: the quality or state of the chromatic color resembling the hue of blood
4. [Noun]: emotionally charged terms used to refer to extreme radicals or revolutionaries
5. red with or characterized by blood; "waving our red weapons o''er our heads"- Shakespeare; "The Red Badge of Courage"; "the red rules of tooth and claw"- P.B.Sears
6. (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion; "crimson with fury"; "turned red from exertion"; "with puffy reddened eyes"; "red-faced and violent"; "flushed (or crimson) with embarrassment"
7. characterized by violence or bloodshed; "writes of crimson deeds and barbaric days"- Andrea Parke; "fann''d by Conquest''s crimson wing"- Thomas Gray; "convulsed with red rage"- Hudson Strode
8. having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.