Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Verb]: reposition (a broken bone after surgery) back to its normal site
2. [Verb]: lower in grade or rank or force somebody into an undignified situation; "She reduced her niece to a servant"
3. [Verb]: lessen and make more modest; "reduce one''s standard of living"
4. [Verb]: lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture; "cut bourbon"
5. [Verb]: put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"; "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"; "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land"
6. [Verb]: cook until very little liquid is left; "The cook reduced the sauce by boiling it for a long time"
7. [Verb]: be the essential element; "The proposal boils down to a compromise"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.