3. [Adjective]: having a surface free from roughness or bumps or ridges or irregularities; "smooth skin"; "a smooth tabletop"; "smooth fabric"; "a smooth road"; "water as smooth as a mirror"
4. [Adjective]: of the margin of a leaf shape; not broken up into teeth
5. [Noun]: the act of smoothing; "he gave his hair a quick smooth"
6. lacking obstructions or difficulties; "the bill''s path through the legislature was smooth and orderly"
7. smooth and unconstrained in movement; "a long, smooth stride"; "the fluid motion of a cat"; "the liquid grace of a ballerina"; "liquid prose"
8. not marked with wrinkles; "unwrinkled cheeks"
9. smoothly agreeable and courteous with a degree of sophistication; "he was too politic to quarrel with so important a personage"; "the hostess averted a confrontation between two guests with a diplomatic change of subject"; "the manager pacified the custom
10. [Verb]: (of surfaces) make shine; "shine the silver, please"; "polish my shoes"
11. [Verb]: free from obstructions; "smooth the way towards peace negociations"
12. [Verb]: make smooth or smoother, as if by rubbing; "smooth the surface of the wood"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.