Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: relating to or distinguishing or constituting a taxonomic species; "specific characters"
2. [Adjective]: being or affecting a disease produced by a particular microorganism or condition; used also of stains or dyes used in making microscope slides; "quinine is highly specific for malaria"; "a specific remedy"; "a specific stain is one having a specific affin
3. [Adjective]: (sometimes followed by `to'') applying to or characterized by or distinguishing something particular or special or unique; "rules with specific application"; "demands specific to the job"; "a specific and detailed account of the accident"
4. [Noun]: a medicine that has a mitigating effect on a specific disease; "quinine is a specific for malaria"
5. [Noun]: a fact about some part (as opposed to general); "he always reasons from the particular to the general"
6. stated explicitly or in detail; "needed a specific amount"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.