2. [Verb]: feel physical pain; "Were you hurting after the accident?"
3. [Verb]: undergo or suffer; "meet a violent death"; "suffer a terrible fate"
4. [Verb]: undergo or be subjected to; "He suffered the penalty"; "Many saints suffered martyrdom"
5. [Verb]: endure (emotional pain); "Every time her husband gets drunk, she suffers"
6. [Verb]: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
7. [Verb]: be set at a disadvantage; "This author really suffers in translation"
9. [Verb]: feel unwell or uncomfortable; "She is suffering from the hot weather"
10. [Verb]: undergo (as of injuries and illnesses); "She suffered a fracture in the accident"; "He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars"; "She got a bruise on her leg"; "He got his arm broken in the scuffle"
11. [Verb]: be given to; "She suffers from a tendency to talk too much"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!