Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured; "felt certain of success"; "was sure (or certain) she had seen it"; "was very sure in his beliefs"; "sure of her friends"
2. [Adjective]: certain to occur; destined or inevitable; "he was certain to fail"; "his fate is certain"; "In this life nothing is certain but death and taxes"- Benjamin Franklin; "he faced certain death"; "sudden but sure regret"; "he is sure to win"
3. [Adverb]: definitely or positively (`sure'' is sometimes used informally for `surely''); "the results are surely encouraging"; "she certainly is a hard worker"; "it''s going to be a good day for sure"; "they are coming, for certain"; "they thought he had been kille
4. physically secure or dependable; "a sure footing"; "was on sure ground"
5. infallible or unfailing; "a sure (or true) sign of one''s commitment"
6. exercising or taking care great enough to bring assurance; "be certain to disconnect the iron when you are through"; "be sure to lock the doors"
7. capable of being depended on; "a quick and certain remedy"; "a sure way to distinguish the two"; "wood dust is a sure sign of termites"
8. certain not to fail; "a sure hand on the throttle"
9. (of persons) worthy of trust or confidence; "a sure (or trusted) friend"
10. impossible to doubt or dispute; "indisputable (or sure) proof"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.