5. [Noun]: English phonetician; one of the founders of modern phonetics (1845-1912)
6. [Noun]: the taste experience when sugar dissolves in the mouth
7. [Noun]: a dish served as the last course of a meal
8. [Adverb]: in an affectionate or loving manner (`sweet'' is sometimes a poetic or informal variant of `sweetly''); "Susan Hayward plays the wife sharply and sweetly"; "how sweet the moonlight sleeps upon this bank"- Shakespeare; "talking sweet to each other"
9. one of the four basic taste sensations; very pleasant; like the taste of sugar or honey
10. not having a salty taste; "sweet water"
11. pleasing to the ear; "the dulcet tones of the cello"
12. pleasing to the senses; "the sweet song of the lark"; "the sweet face of a child"
13. not soured or preserved; "sweet milk"
14. having a natural fragrance; "odoriferous spices"; "the odorous air of the orchard"; "the perfumed air of June"; "scented flowers"
15. having a sweet nature befitting an angel or cherub; "an angelic smile"; "a cherubic face"; "looking so seraphic when he slept"; "a sweet disposition"
16. pleasing to the mind or feeling; "sweet revenge"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.