Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: (of characters in literature or drama) evoking empathic or sympathetic feelings; "the sympathetic characters in the play"
2. [Adjective]: expressing or feeling or resulting from sympathy or compassion or friendly fellow feelings; disposed toward; "sympathetic to the students'' cause"; "a sympathetic observer"; "a sympathetic gesture"
3. [Adjective]: of or relating to the sympathetic nervous system; "sympathetic neurons"; "sympathetic stimulation"
4. having similar disposition and tastes; "a compatible married couple"; "with their many similar tastes, he found her a most sympathetic companion"
5. showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity; "was charitable in his opinions of others"; "kindly criticism"; "a kindly act"; "sympathetic words"; "a large-hearted mentor"
6. relating to vibrations that occur as a result of vibrations in a nearby body; "sympathetic vibration"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.