Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: expressing or given to expressing the truth; "a true statement"; "gave truthful testimony"; "a truthful person"
2. [Adjective]: consistent with fact or reality; not false; "the story is true"; "it is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true"- B. Russell; "the true meaning of the statement"
3. [Noun]: proper alignment; the property possessed by something that is in correct or proper alignment; "out of true"
4. [Adverb]: as acknowledged; "true, she is the smartest in her class"
5. accurately fitted; level; "the window frame isn''t quite true"
6. not synthetic or spurious; of real or natural origin; "real mink"; "true gold"
7. conforming to definitive criteria; "the horseshoe crab is not a true crab"; "Pythagoras was the first true mathematician"
8. reliable as a basis for action; "a true prophesy"
9. devoted (sometimes fanatically) to a cause or concept or truth; "true believers bonded together against all who disagreed with them"
10. in tune; accurate in pitch; "a true note"
11. accurately placed or thrown; "his aim was true"; "he was dead on target"
12. [Verb]: make level, square, balanced, or concentric; "true up the cylinder of an engine"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.